Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Friedman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have been with Dr. Friedman's practice for 12 years. I started out seeing Dr Bassin (who was amazing btw), then Dr Friedman. I absolutely love Dr Friedman and think he is the best. He is a no nonsense, straight to the point kind of doctor. If you call with a question for him, he will call you back that day. I am so sad that we moved and he will not be delivering my second daughter. I Have been to many OBGYNs this second pregnancy because we travel a lot and because we moved from LA to SD. I have not come close to finding the kind of care that I received from Dr. Friedman. Even though I am not with his practice anymore I still call Dr Friedman for advice and he has no problem taking the time to answer my questions and putting my mind at ease. AND his staff is very nice and very helpful! I love everyone there!I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FRIEDMAN!!!
Dr. Friedman is a great doctor! He delivered all three of my boys. He loves his work and his office has three very caring women - Sandy, Michelle, and Carmen. I've been his patient for 7 years now and I can't say enough good things about him. I first came to him as a soon to be new mom. I had strong opinions of what I wanted and how it was to happen. Dr. Friedman is very easy going and let me attempt what I felt was right - natural birth, no interventions (Bradley method) etc. He is non-intrusive and he knows his stuff. He'll ask some casual seeming questions but he's sharp, he's listening to your response. He's been doing this for a long time so his ability to catch things are fast compared to those doctors with less experience. After each baby on the follow up exams he always made sure that I was in good shape - mentally and physically. He's a great caring doctor, and he's not full of formality. All of our in office conversations (not exam room talk) have been casual which is his demeanor so as to encourage open talk on subjects that could otherwise be emotional. Someone said he is old school - which is what you want if you want experience and a person who is there for you without any pomp, who loves his job, and cares for his patients.
51 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Michael L Friedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsA Able Obstetrician Gynecology, 4201 Torrance Blvd Ste 660, Torrance, CA
Dr. Michael L Friedman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Torrance, CA.