Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael King MD
Dr. Michael King, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oxford, MS. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Bariatric Medicine and General Surgery. Dr. King is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville and Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael King has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Michael King has the following 2 expertise
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Dr. Michael King is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Outstanding care and concern for all patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael King - Posted on July 23rd, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael King - Posted on July 18th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. King is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville
Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Baptist Mem Hosp -North Missi, Oxford, Ms
Baptist Memorial Hospital-North MS
Baptist Memorial Hospital Booneville
Baptist Memorial Hospital North Ms
BMH North Mississippi
Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Desoto
41 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Michael King Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Clinic of North MS, 2215 Jefferson Davis Dr, Oxford, MS
Dr. Michael King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxford, MS.