Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Metzger has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael L Metzger has the following 21 expertise
- Heart Block
- Stress Testing
- Blood Clot
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 37
I knew that at some day I will need something to be done to my heart, as I have a bad set of genes. Many of my relatives had stents or bypasses done. It came to the point that I was in need for evaluation of my heart. I saw Dr. Metzger as he was highly recommended. From the his first words I understood that he is all about procedures and do not have time to explain what do I need it for. He did my heart cath and found disease in 3 veins. He recommended stent, but we decided to go for second opinion. And we were right. Doctor in NYU recommended surgery as most durable solution. I did very well and was home in 4 days. Doctors in NYU said that Dr. Metzger's recommendation was against American Heart Association's guidelines. Should all doctors read the guidelines?
Being a younger cardiac patient, I am glad to have Dr. Metzger treating me. He's up on all of the newest technology and procedures. Always informative and willing to take the time to discuss things, I feel so confident with him as my doctor. I can't imagine ever seeing someone else for my condition. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs good cardiac care. Love you Dr. M. you're the best!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Metzger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Michael L Metzger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Lawrence Metzger Md, 11195 S Jog Rd Ste 6, Boynton Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Metzger in this video.
Dr. Michael L Metzger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boynton Beach, FL.