Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Miller has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Rheumatology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
This doctor came highly recommended by my daughter's pediatricin for whom I revere and have the utmost regard. Miller though initially appeared pleasant, became extraordinarily dismissive and negated crucial medical information I provided. He couldn't admit he was stumped and was too arrogant to recommend another physician. He wrote erroneous information on his report; for example, the importance of my family history which has no bearing on my daughter's health because she's adopted. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that Dr. Miller should stick his nose in research and keep it there.
Impossible to get any medical staff on the phone with issues in between appointments. They " triage" the phone messages and sometimes can take up to a week to get answers. Quality of care is severely lacking. Cannot recommend this dr, or the practice at Lurie children's hospital. Very poor communication methods.
Bedside manner is terrible! Beeper constantly goingoff left room twice to take calls, took a call in the room. looked At my daughter for a whole 2 minutes and said she as arthritis. Sent us for blood work been trying to get him to call me back with results for over a week I have left a message every day for 7 days. Paying threw the nose for this.
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAnn & Robert H. Lurie Childrens Hospital of Chicago, 225 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Miller in this video.
Dr. Michael L Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.