Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael L Rosen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
Overall, Dr. Rosen was very nice and made us feel at ease. He took a lot of time during each visit and followed up with test results. The negatives were:1. Wait time-over an hour, not acceptable.2. Unnecessary and expensive tests ordered without an explanation. Our out of pocket expense went up several hundred dollars. We were receiving bills right and left after every visit with him. This was for normal, preventative care, not an illness.
Though the wait time to see Dr. Rosen is longer that the last Dr. I had, it has been well worth the wait. He spends a lot of time with me during the office visit asking questions and providing feedback. He doesn't hesitate to send me to a specialist, schedules follow-up visits, and calls or sends the results of tests. I get the sense that he truly cares for my well being. The only thing I would like to see improved is a more organized (less clutter) office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Rosen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Michael L Rosen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichael L Rosen Md, 22250 Providence Dr Ste 300, Southfield, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Rosen in this video.
Dr. Michael L Rosen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.