Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Leinwand has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Lienwand performed my sons first surgery the day after he was born. He went out of his way to explain the procedure to me in a way that I could understand and was so caring.The second surgery that he performed on my son, he had to remove his right lung. The thought of the extent of this type of surgery was terrifying. Dr. Lienwand put me and my family at ease and the surgery was flawless due to his skill and the latest technology he was able to utilize. My son was there overnight and only has a 1" scar. He is an amazing Doctor and I would always recommend him to anyone that is facing a potential surgery.To him I say Thank you!!!
Highly skilled surgeon. My daughter has had two operations with Dr. Leinwand, the last a very involved liver biopsy. The intricate part of a liver biopsy is all the blood vessels in the liver and the extensive bleeding that can occur. Dr. Leinwand did a fantastic job and stop the bleeding and virtually no scaring at all for my daughter. I was amazed. And to top it all off not only is Dr. Leinwand a very gifted surgeon he is one of the best all around person you can know. He is truly cares about the kids and it shows.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
23 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Leinwand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBronson Methodist Hospital, 601 John St, Kalamazoo, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Leinwand in this video.
Dr. Michael J Leinwand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kalamazoo, MI.