Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael S Levine
Dr. Michael S Levine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marietta, GA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Levine is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. Dr. Levine has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael S Levine has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 13
This was one of the best doctors I've ever been to. He was knowledgeable about an alternative treatment I want to try. I had chronic Gastritis.I ask him about using fresh cabbage juice for 2 weeks and adding carrots to make it palatable. He knew several people that had done that and it worked for all of them. He was always kind.I've only had a few doctors that have been this good. They are rare. If you tell him or ask him something he will give you an answer. If he's late it's because he spent the time with a patient before you. That's a good thing.
I found Dr. Levine totally through the internet. What a find! DKGAFL's review sold me on Dr. Levine and the rest is history. The colonoscopy is over and I'm so old I'll never have to it again. Thank you, Dr. Levine for making it so easy. (BTW, they sang Happy Birthday to me before my procedure. That was a plus!)
I put off having a colonoscopy until I was 57 for no legitimate reason other than apprehension. I was referred to Dr LeVine by my primary care physician and I have to say I am totally happy with all aspects of my experience. Dr LeVine is a personable, affable man with a great "bedside manner" and put me at ease immediately. I would not hesitate at all to recommend this fine doctor to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2012, 2013, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Dr. Levine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Michael S Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Gastroenterology Associates, 2520 Windy Hill Rd SE Ste 102, Marietta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael S Levine in this video.
Dr. Michael S Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, GA.