Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Lipsitt
Dr. Michael A Lipsitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Lipsitt is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center Duluth. Dr. Lipsitt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Lipsitt has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Michael A Lipsitt has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 14
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Lipsitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEastside Heart And Vascular Lawrenceville, 766 Walther Rd Ste 100, Lawrenceville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Lipsitt in this video.
Dr. Michael A Lipsitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.