Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael B Littleton
Dr. Michael B Littleton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Littleton is affiliated with St Vincents Hospital and Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Littleton has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael B Littleton has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Michael B Littleton has the following 3 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Michael B Littleton has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael B Littleton is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Dr Littleton did my gallbladder removal and to have had surgery, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! He and his staff are so nice. It was my first surgery and they were patient and answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed and Dr Littleton did all he could to relieve my anxiety and tell me everything to expect. I am very glad he was my doctor! The only negative is the wait time. For both my pre and post op appointments, I had to wait at least 45 minutes past my apt time.
Honestly, I have rarely met a doctor who showed as much compassion as Dr. Littleton. He is patient and answers all of your questions. His medical staff is so sweet and knowledgable and willing to answer any questions. The only issue I have is with his front office staff ;one of whom was extremely rude and unwilling to accomodate me during a visit shortly after having back surgery. Thankfully the contact is minimal with that office person. His medical assistant is wonderful! His surgery scheduler extremely competent and compassionate.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Littleton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Michael B Littleton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates, 513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 501, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Littleton in this video.
Dr. Michael B Littleton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.