Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael W Loes has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Michael Loes is the kindest, most caring doctor I've ever known. Believe me at 62 years old that is based on a lot of knowledge. Dr. Loes took me from pain levels of 9s and 10s for over 14 years to 3s and 4s in less than a month. That demonstrates the difference between a true addiction doctor and a pill peddlar. I miss him already
Just wanted to give Dr. Loes a review. I have been a patient of Dr. Loes for nearly 15 years, on and off, as I have moved several times during the 15 years. Dr. Loes is not only an outstanding doctor, he actually cares about his patients. The lady that wrote the review that calls herself the "Greenhornet lady" and rips on Dr. Loes is rude. Dr. Loes is not only a caring doctor, he actually takes the time to review with you all the different options that are available for your treatment plans. If you are looking for a very good doctor, I would recommend Dr. Loes 100%.
Dr. Loes is an outstanding pain specialist who cares deeply about his patients. I went to him with severe arthritis pain throughout my body,and with the judicious use of medications, I am almost pain free. His knowledge and use of naturalpathic medicine compliments his treatments for pain. Simply put, he is the finest doctor I have ever been to in my 70 plus years of living!!
40 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1978
University Medical Center
Dr. Michael W Loes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesert Pain & Rehabilitation Specialties, 11047 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Michael W Loes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.