Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael H Lowenstein
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Ana, CA, with another office in Santa Ana, CA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Lowenstein is affiliated with Tustin Hospital and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein has the following 6 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Staff is incompetent on the phone, don't think they are well educated. Wait time is very long, they double and triple book appointments, so annoying!! You will see a Chiropractor first and answer all of his questions, and then the Dr will come in only to answer the same questions all over again. Redundant and a waist of time for the patients.Messages don't ever get to the Dr. Poor communication amongst staff.
This was the most horrific experience I have ever had. The people on the phone said that I would only feel tired and that I would avoid all the withdrawals of getting off opiates. It was exactly the opposite - it was the most painful withdrawal I have ever had. And they just left me in that room to vomit and sh*t all over myself. I didn't see another human for days. When I did, I was so unbelievably happy, the pain lessened, but it was still quite painful for many days. It's a total ripoff. They just want your money to enrich their wallets. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!
In this day and age of instant communication, this doctor does not have it. In fact if you become his patient, you sign docs that tell you not to call him. The only time he will talk with you is during your appt. Half the time he isn't even at the appt. His staff is. They make mistakes by not sending your prescription to the pharmacy. They do not respond to phone calls or faxes from the pharmacy. I called in and was hung up on several times. I was told he doesn't check his voice mail by his staff person when I asked to leave a message. The stall is impersonal, uncaring, prone to making mistakes and you don't dare talk to the doc or you get you head bit off. I have to use him because of work comp. I would never use him otherwise. Treatment is always changing but I never seem to get any treatment. Can't even talk with him because you can't call him. The staff doesn't care and they can make mistakes and will not rectify them no matter how many times you call or fax. They don't have email and texting is out of the question.
Dr. Lowenstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael H Lowenstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Ana, CA.