The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael M Gutierrez
Dr. Michael M Gutierrez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL, with other offices in New Orleans, LA and Orlando, FL (and 2 other locations). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Gutierrez has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael M Gutierrez has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
Went twice to his office. Dr. Gutierrez seems to be in a hurry. Did not provide medical explanations or showed interest. Did no inspect my body or scalp. On the second visit he spent less than 5 min. on me. I went to a dermatologist physician assistant and was positively surprised by the attention, information and great service. A full inspection of my skin was done plus treatment the same day for the affected areas. So a PA-C was better than Dr Gutierrez.
Dr. Gutierrez is a rude jerk. He didn't knock on the door, he didn't ask any questions about me, he was rude and condescending, and he didn't even look at an area of my skin that I specifically mentioned having problems with. I'd rather look like a pepperoni pizza for the next 6 years instead of following up with this piece of trash. Staff was quick and friendly though.
I've been trying to get a pre-authorization for over two months now. They have the dumbest staff I have ever encountered. I've left no fewer than 15 messages for them and they never call me back. I've physically gone into the office twice to resolve the situation and they still can't get it done. Brenda from their downtown office hung up on me today because I was frustrated that they still can't get this figured out. My advice is to find another practice as these people are complete morons!!!
Be careful. This guy INSISTED that I needed 8 MOLES removed. (Remember, someone makes money for every mole removed.) I knew this was WAY too many moles to remove since I have a yearly checkup and only occasionally do I need something removed. He actually made me feel horrible when I said I was going to get a second opinion. "I am warning you that you could have skin cancer." He actually asked me to sign a document that I had refused his surgery. After two second opinions, I had one mole removed. I told another Orlando doctor about my experience. Before I even mentioned a name, she said, "Let me guess: Dr. Gutierrez." Unbelievable.
35 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Michael M Gutierrez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael M Gutierrez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.