Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael E Levine has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael E Levine has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Michael E Levine has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael E Levine is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Levine has operated on me a number of times for various things including 2 arthroscopes of my knees, rotator cuff surgery and a total knee replacement. He has always answered my questions thoroughly. He is brisk but most surgeons are anyway. After my rotator cuff surgery I was driving within 2 weeks. My knee replacement healed quickly although it was a few months before I was out of complete pain from the quad muscles being cut. I actually get compliments on my scar because it is so minimal. I am planning on having my other knee replaced next year by him.
I was very traumatized after a minimally invasive hip replacement by an arrogant, noncaring, world renowned surgeon who fractured part of my femur and I also developed two major infections requiring hospitalization. I was referred to Dr. Levine and I don't know how I would have survived without him. He was caring, kind and did everything possible to help me. I was totally impressed he was willing to take another surgeon's complications. Without Dr. Levine's help, I don't think I would be walking today. He saved my life and I can't thank him enough.
He did an OK job on the re-do of my knee replacement that another doctor had messed up. This surgery was 8 months after the first knee replacement. I found this doctor to be very brisk and not very good at answering patient question. He acted as if the questions were stupid. He also doesn't believe in giving pain medications once you leave the hospital. At discharge there were no orders for pain meds. My family dr. was surprised and wrote a prescription for me . When I asked Dr. Levine about it on a follow up visit he told me that because I had had the knee replacement just 8 months after the first one he didn't give me any pain medication because it wouldn't work . This dr. wanted me to go through very painful rehab without pain medication. This the physical therapist thought was strange.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Levine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Michael E Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates, 5750 Centre Ave Ste 170, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Michael E Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.