Dr. Michael Mcnett Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Mcnett?

Horrible person, worse doctor

Posted on July 20th, 2017

I have read the comments posted here and wish I had read them before seeing Dr McNett. I agree with all of these comments, except the one about fibromyalgia which I don't have and know nothing about. I believe his license should be revoked. He cares not about the patient, only about being right and writing endless prescriptions for more drugs than you need. I had a question about a prescription. His office would not let me talk to him. They scheduled me a new appt. When I got there, he came in very cocky asking me why I was back to see him so soon. When I asked my question, he called me a drug seeker and dismissed me. I have never been treated so disrespectfully. I think this doctor gets off on labeling people and letting everyone know how smart he is and what a great detective he is. He knows nothing. I have sat in rooms with REAL drug seekers, he has not a clue what that behavior really looks like.

He has ruined my life!!!

Posted on November 28th, 2016

I saw Dr. McNett because my insurance company recommended him to me. I was already seeing a pain management Doctor at the time, but I have a rare connective tissue disease and shoulder injury which was causing me excruciating chronic and acute pain. My old pain management doctor just kept raising my meds, and I was looking for someone who was willing to try some other approaches or procedures to help alleviate some of the pain, instead of just masking the issue with pain meds. I will make this short and sweet considering when I think or talk about him, it makes me angry and physically ill. I have seen multiple Doctors at Aroura, and never in my life have I ever been so disrespected and belittled by someone who is suposedly a professional that took an oath to do no harm. He did not offer me any options for my debilitating, chronic and acute pain caused by my shoulder injury and my connective tissue disease, which chronic pain is the number 1 symptom and complaint that people with this disease deal with on a daily basis. Dr. McNett clearly knew nothing about my condition, although he had stated he did because he had other patients with it. But not once did he ask me anything about my condition, as it does present differently among us, all he wanted to talk about was fibromyalgia. I was not even there for fibromyalgia, but when I would ask a simple question, he would either completely dismiss it as if I never even asked or he would turn it around on me, trying to make me feel like I don't know my body, and I must be a drug addict because I refused his only treatment option, which was an anticonvulsant called mirapex that he swears will help if not completely make the pain from fibromyalgia disappear. Any time I told him, I do not have the type of pain he described with fibromyalgia and that it is my shoulder and joint pain, he continued to get more agitated, rude, degrading, and belittling towards me saying he has had thousands of patients with fibro and he ran his own practice and said to me at that point that I am obviously their just to get oxycodone. I did not bring up any narcotic to him at that point, and even mentioned to him after he accused me of drug seeking, that I was very familiar with Aroura's comprehensive pain management program and that I was completely aware that it specifically states in the flyer I recieved before my appt. I had left that so called DR's office completely helpless and hopeless of getting any type of relief from the intolerable pain or getting my life back so I could be a good mom to my son again. After my appt. I noticed that their were some updates that had been made in my electronic record. When I logged in to my chart, I could not believe what I was seeing. With in 40 min. After my appt. Dr. McNett took it upon himself to put in my permanent medical record, with diagnostic codes and all, under current medical conditions that i had drug seeking behavior and high risk for opioid addiction. I have NEVER had any problems with addiction in my life, and have never had a dirty UA or have Dr. Shopped or have gone to multiple pharmacy's with multiple scripts, but for some reason Aroura condones this type of practice and fraudulent behavior that has now deprived both my son and I our lives. My condition is not going anywhere, it actually gets worse the older I get, and now my beautiful son has to grow up with a Mom that can't physically do anything with him. I tried to appeal Dr. McNetts diagnosis and get them removed from my chart, but I recieved a letter back from aroura stating that the Dr. Has confirmed that what he wrote in my record and the diagnosis are accurate. And that was that. No one at Aroura contacted me to ask any questions, looked in my medical records to see that there is nothing in my chart from any of my previous doctors, including my previous pain management Doctor that I was with for 8 months, saying anything or showing any kind of concern regarding any questionable drug related behaviors. I am only 36 years old, have a debilitating hereditary chronic pain condition that I now suffer with every day with out relief. If it was not for my son, I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY OWN LIFE BECAUSE OF DR. MCNETT AND WHAT HE HAS LEFT ME TO DEAL WITH. I question my decision to be here daily, it breaks my heart that my son does not have a Father in his life and now is stuck with a depressed, suffering, hopeless mother that can't to much including work, so we have lost everything, and in the process of losing our home and no where to go. So thank you so much Dr. McNett, because you are a heartless, arrogant, uncompassionate, unethical, so called Doctor that is miserable and does not have a moral bone in your body, you are responsible for taking the lives of two more people.

Not his problem

Posted on June 23rd, 2016

I have been seeing him and his staff for 16 months now on a monthly appointment. If arrogance were a quality, he would be top notch. I suffer from over 9 different types of pain and when I asked what his plan was for my non-fibromyalgia pain? He replied "That's not my problem" When I said I could not eat a high finer diet due to Ulcerative Colitis that is bleeding badly "That's not my problem" When I said I have problems with my foot, knees and hips causing severe pain, he said "That's not my problem, see your Rheumatologist, I am your PAIN Doctor" and lastly, I was told to arrive 15 minutes prior to my appointment (they always request this) I arrived 11 mins prior and was scolded for 5 minutes for being late and then told he couldn't spend more time with me (spent 15 minutes of my 30 minute appointment) because I was late! (actually only 11 minutes early instead of 15... I am sorry, Dr or no Dr, I will not be treated in such a manner and then keep quiet about it. Especially when he prescribes me Bipolar medicine and tells me its for fibromyalgia. Ive been to a dozen shrinks when the Docs thought I had anxiety (eaxh time I was referred back to an MD) and it turned out to be bad nerves in my heart that I had to have ablated

Rudest Doctor Ever!

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Dr. McNett refused to listen to anything I said. He repeatedly called me a liar because I didn't agree with what he said. He's a little Napoleon. "I'm the director!", therefore he is 100% correct about everything and you are a moron. I've never had a doctor treat me so disrespectfully in my life. He didn't like me disagreeing with him so he just walked out of my appointment & left.

HORRIBLE DOCTOR

Posted on December 11th, 2015

The worst person I ever meet. NOT HELPFUL AT ALL, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF I EVER MET!

Posted on August 31st, 2015

I don't see Dr. McNett anymore, because of how rude he is. However, I am still going to his clinic, just seeing another Practitioner.

Posted on August 9th, 2015

I had a good experience with Dr McNett and his pa's. I feel they were patient and caring. I would recommend them. Had to wait alittle to long but I don't blame him for that.

Terrible service

Posted on January 15th, 2014

This was my first and last visit he was rude talked over me and looks at every paitient as a drug seeker he had not viewed any of my charts or past records he asked me MRI which they never told me to bring. He says he will not prescribe Percocet to any patients but instead put me on methodone which is very dangerous and addicting. I have very chronic back disc problem and both knees going out I am in new way addicted or a drug seeker.. He brags about his speciality in addiction and working at addiction centers well maybe he should go back. He was rude and I will never go back im returning his script. Do not waste your time people I am going make sure I share this on every forum possible. One star too many he is negative starts.

Posted on December 9th, 2013

He is by far one of the worst Physicians in the Aurora System when you are referred to pain specialist this is who you get, this man is not certified in Pain Medicine at ALL , he is a family practice doctor, 1 star is too much to rate him, he is rude arrogant and thinks everyone who comes in is a drug seeker, he insults you, your judged the moment you walk in, I have been there once and would NEVER return, believe me he is not worth your Time if you are looking for a qualified Certified Pain Specialist. They should put him in classes in how to communicate with people, in a different state would be a good start!

Beware of this Doctor

Posted on November 17th, 2013

Dr.Mcnett does not listen to you but I think he don't hear the patient either. It took over a month and half just to see you and in my personal opinion he is a glorified drug dealer where he over books his patience and just increases your meds! You get to see him once and than he turns you over to one of many of his PA's in his office! So if you are looking for drug doctor this is the guy to go too!

If you want a RUDE Dr., go see Dr. McNett

Posted on May 19th, 2011

By far the RUDEST Dr. I have ever met! When I responded to something Dr. McNett said or when I tried to ask a question, I was accused of interrupting him & being "rude". This Dr. definitely has a chip on his shoulder. I would NOT recommend him to my worst enemy.....

Its great to have a doctor who believes in fibromyalgia..

Posted on October 21st, 2008

and wants to help you get well. However, Dr. McNett could learn a thing or two about communication as well as dosing medication. I am greatful that I am being treated for my fibromyalgia, I just wish he would not get defensive when I try to ask questions about my care and the various things he wants to try. God forbid someone try to take an active role in understanding their condition! I have been seeing him for years, and he sure likes to prescribe medications. Multiple times, my pharmacist has been concerned due to possible interactions between two medications and the initial dosing being much higher than typically recommended, especially for someone petite like me. Dr. McNett is also quite dismissive about side effects, and good luck to you if you dare to question him. The most troubling thing I find about treating with him is the inappropriate comments he has made about myself and other female patients. I realize that he needs to look at and in some ways, feel my body to treatment. However, there has been more than one instance where he has made me very uncomfortable by making comments about my body (complimentary, but inappropriate given our "professional" relationship).I find his office staff to be very pleasant, but not totally professional. As noted in the other reviews, I too have seen paperwork left on counters for all to see. For the most part though, they are very friendly and accomodating.