Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Messer
Dr. Michael Messer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Duluth, MN, with other offices in International Falls, MN and Deer River, MN . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Messer is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital of Superior, St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth and Essentia Health O St. Marys Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Messer has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael Messer has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Michael Messer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael Messer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Messer misdiagnosed me with serious consequences to my mental health and my career. He was totally self-centered. His office was like a shrine to himself. It was finally apparent that the only reason he wanted to treat me was because he found me interesting, something that was privately confirmed to me by another doctor in the organization. This is a very dangerous doctor. "Messer" is a very appropriate name for him.
Dr. Messer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary's Hospital of Superior
St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth
Essentia Health O St. Marys Medical Center
Miller Dwan Medical Center
SMDC Medical Center
ST Marys Medical Center
Essentia Health Duluth
29 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1984
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Messer in this video.
Dr. Michael Messer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, MN.