Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Mack
Dr. Michael J Mack, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Internal Medicine and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Mack is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford. Dr. Mack has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Mack has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Myocardial Infarction
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
- Varicose Veins
- Thoracic Cancer
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Pulmonary Coin Lesion
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Lung Cancer
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Vascular Malformations
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Diabetes Complications
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Coronary Restenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Mack is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Michael J Mack accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiac Surgery Specialists, 4716 Alliance Blvd Ste 310, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Mack in this video.
Dr. Michael J Mack is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Plano, TX.