Dr. Michael S Maehara Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael S Maehara?

Poor office skills in the office

Busy guy.

Don't waste your time.

I can self diagnose better than he diagnosed me in the 3 seconds he spent in the room with me.

Wonderful doctor!

Dr. Maehara is a vital part of why I am able to function today. He took his time with me and was very patient. He ran tests and found out that I had cancer along with my R.A.. He went to the hospital even though he was off. I was treated and today cancer free. Thank you Dr. Maehara for giving me my life back!

The Best

I started seeing Dr. Maehara in 2003 when I could barely walk. He diagnosed me very quickly with RA and set me on the path good health. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Today I am relatively pain free thanks to him.

On My Last Leg While Under His Care

I can recall having Dr. Maehara as my Rheumatologist back in '07, when, at the young age of 35, I went to him, experiencing severe joint pain. He was routinely short, and rather rude with me. He never explained WHY I was experiencing the pain that I was in, and prescribed a "pill" for every complaint. I'll never forget the time that I went in there, after having lost nearly 40 lbs in less than 2 months, and he didn't even notice/care. I asked him "Am I dying?" He told me that, at the rate I was going, at 35 years of age, I'd never have kids, all of my hair would fall out, and I'd probably be dead within about 6 months. How "sensitive," right? Needless to say, after my Mother (who, because I was so weak, had to transport me around everwhere) gave him a VERY stern tongue-lashing, I left his office, and never returned again. That same night, I Googled and searched, until I found the BEST Doctor/office in the world: The Arthritis Center of Riverside! Here I am, 5 years later, in remission (as opposed to being in a casket), and functioning quite well. If nothing else, my WILL to live was formed as a result of the care, patience, and understanding that I received from my current Rheumy. I can't believe that Dr. Maehara is still in practice; and, my heart hurts for all of the many patients, who have nearly given up on life, due to all of the "unexplained" pain that they are in, while under his care. I am living proof that, you CAN live, and live WONDERFULLY, with RA and Lupus and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (MCTD), which are ALL of the conditions that I suffer from. You know, Dr. Maehara, the ones that (according to YOU) were all in my HEAD???!!! But, while under YOUR care, you gave me a "pill" (Lexapro) for that! Shame on you, and the horrible, horrible care that you provided.

Great doctor

He is the best. I wouldn't not want any other doctor. He diagnosed my RA quickly and got me back on my feet in short order.

He is the best

Dr. Maehara has been my Rheumatologist for some 16-20yrs. Even though I moved to Texas he is still my Dr, I make the trip out for appointment 2-3 times a year.In my books he is the best and most patient Dr I have ever gone to.Keep up the good work Dr.

Very caring, listens to what you have to say, explains what he means so that you can understand. Very patient and kind

Dr. Michael S Maehara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.