Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael F Magpile
Dr. Michael F Magpile, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mesa, CA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Magpile is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Magpile has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael F Magpile has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
For seniors it is difficult to drive from clinic in Scrips Rancho San Diego to Scrips Green Hospital where many procedures are not offered in the clinic. Heavy traffic both directions re. Scrips Green Hospital. Staff in Rancho San Diego don't want patients to use ER but to get to ER I have to drive long distance. I use Scrips doctors so to avoid long drive, I use local hospital and then records get misplaced and are not forwarded to my Scrips doctor and is not a good policy to have medical records lost/misplaced between the two hospitals. Medicine is complicated between Scrips and local hospital (Sharp Grossmont Hospital) and often have to change Rx and the other doctor doesn't know what the other doctor prescribed. I am sure Scrips Hosptal would like the income from my recent and expensive procedures but I can't drive that far when Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a 5-minute drive from my home. It has become so difficult with my Scrips doctors in La Jolla, CA and treatment being performed at Sharp Grossmont Hospital, I am thinking of changing all treatment and doctors from Scrips.I have painful back pains and would like the nurse to allow patient to sit outside doctor's exam. room rather than patient wait a long time for doctor to come in while patient is sitting a long time on exam table w/out support to lower back. Chairs outside doctor's exam office has support for lower back.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2011, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Magpile is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1988
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Michael F Magpile accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic / Rancho San Diego, 10862 Calle Verde, La Mesa, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael F Magpile in this video.
Dr. Michael F Magpile is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.