Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Manolescu has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 3 of 3
I recently took my one year-old son into the Victor Valley Hospital emergency room. He has been sick for over a month and had a fever and cough for over a week. My son was not eating or drinking and was lethargic. He was crying out in pain while he slept. Before I went into the emergency room I gave my son some Tylenol to ease the fever and comfort him. When I was finally seen this doctor scolded me for bringing him into the emergency room without a temperature that ranged from 102 through 104Â°. She then proceeded to tell me that my son was just a boy and he seems like he was playing and doing just fine because he was responding to my questions and talking. She finally agreed to get a chest x-ray for him because I told her I was concerned about his breathing. After the x-ray we waited for more hours in the emergency room for the results. Without giving me the results they called me to discharge us. When I insisted that they at least tell me the results of the x-rays and what the prescriptions they were giving me were they made me sit again and wait to talk to her. When I finally did speak with her she insisted that it was just allergies and she would not address any of the other issues of him being lethargic or not eating or drinking. She told me that the x-ray was a bit fuzzy so I couldn't tell but it was fine and if there was any abnormalities that the radiologist would let her know later. I am not so concerned about her diagnosis as with the lack of empathy she had for a one-year-old who is obviously in pain. I was upset that she disregarded my opinion as a mother who knows her child. Even the other patients in the emergency waiting room expressed concern about my child and the lack of attention that he was getting over the six hour wait. If you cannot stir up any concern for a baby who is very sick and you do not possess the skills or bedside manner to deal with a concerned mother then you should not hold a position dealing with public welfare.
34 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Michael R Manolescu accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Manolescu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victorville, CA.