Dr. Michael T Margolis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael T Margolis?

You can do better

There was no planning and in the middle of the surgery it turns out he was in over his head, has to have another doctor do surgery the next day. Paid for 2 surgeries. If you suspect cancer, please do yourself a favor and go to a cancer specialty group that has all doctors from surgeons to hematologist with pre surgery testing and coordination. Going to dr margolis was an opportunity lost

I had a great bladder lift, outpatient surgery by Dr. Margolis after living with a "Sling" that ultimately strangled my uretha and I couldn't urinate.

If you need a bladder lift after childbirth as most of us do please do not let any doctor tell you to use the "Sling." Women come from all over the country to work with Dr. Margolis. After an easy outpatient surgery I have my pre-childbirth bladder and uretha back. Take the time to speak to him. He works out of Burlingame and Los Gatos, CA.

Compassionate? I don't know about that when he didn't put interest in helping me after giving me a quick office exam he said there was nothing wrong and sent me on my way. when I was dealing with serious issues after my hystercetomy. I left dissapointed, heart broken that my life did not matter to him.

Very dissapointed on this Dr. After reading his good reviews I decided to travel very far to go see him with so much hope. I made a big sacrifice to go see him as I had to miss time from work and the trip was very expensive with airlines and hotels. As I live in a different state. He just did a quick office exam and said that I was fine and send me back on my way. I was hoping he would do some type of test or put a camara inside to see what the problems was. But he did not. and then he send a letter to my physician saying that I was eager to have surgery when I never said that to him I was just hoping he would do some testing before diagnosing me. Shame on him for saying that and for not putting any interest in helping me he didn't see me as a human being desperate for help. Shame on him. I don't know how he can sleep at night.

Excellent care

Dr. Margolis was really wonderful to work with. He diagnosed my issue and quickly resolved it with surgery. He did a fantastic job. I am very pleased with the colo-rectal and perineum repair he did on me.

Pelvic floor GURU!

I feel privileged have Dr Margolis as my doctor. Pelvic floor issues are embarrassing and can severely impact a woman's life. I have seen a few other doctors about my numerous prolapse issues. I came to Dr Margolis after moving to California from Tucson where my problems were formally diagnosed but dismissed by 3 separate doctors. With my previous test results in hand and a very gentle and caring exam, Dr Margolis spent an extensive amount of time explaining options and also asking questions about symptoms that I had forgotten to mention. He was described to me by a previous patient who happened to be my referring gyno as the world's leading pelvic floor guru. He truly is. Not once did I feel embarrassed or rushed. My consultation went 45 minutes past closing time and he was happy to make sure all my questions and concerns were met. I feel 100% confident that my surgery will be in the best hands. After all of my stress in looking for the right doctor to help me and disappointment that I couldn't have surgery before I moved to California, I am now feeling like it was fate. The doctors I had previously would have used mesh for my repairs and Dr Margolis is a strong advocate for women and has worked hard to stop the use of mesh. His office staff was very sweet and comforting as well. Overall the best experience imaginable.

Not an expert in mesh removal like he claims

Dr. Margolis claims to be an expert in mesh removal. He is not. He has refused to help me with mesh removal and referred me to a doctor who only specializes in mesh placement. This is a complete contradiction to his so called passion to help women with implanted mesh. When I first met with him, I waited 6 hours with my elderly father in the waiting room. He then spent the entire time bad mouthing another doctor who did my hysterectomy. Later I've learned from other women that just like the the doctor he disparaged, he too operates on women like a factory, giving only so much time to each patient--under an hour-- regardless of the need. Mesh removal surgeries typically take many hours. For this doctor to claim he is an expert in mesh removal is a complete fraud. I would not be writing this review if he had treated me, and other women I've consulted, with the professionalism and specialty he claims of his practice on his website. He should walk the walk and not just promote false talk on his website and interviews.

Dr. Margolis is an angel.

Dr. Margolis and his staff are excellent. He explained everything about my surgery and if I had any questions I could call or come in for another consultation. The surgery went very well. His staff were very helpful after the surgery. They called to see how I was doing.

Oh if all doctors were this skilled and this caring...

In 2012, I needed to see Dr. Margolis for a massive pelvic prolapse repair. I had seen a top-notch surgeon at Stanford who was concerned by the hospital's estimate (of my surgery and stay there) and my insurance's *refusal to pay for surgery although they admitted it met criteria. (There are details that make sense of this. Those who are familiar with insurances may note a lack of information here.) This surgeon then recommended me to Dr. Margolis, relating that Dr. Margolis is unbelievably skilled in laparoscopic surgery. The Stanford surgeon felt only an "open repair" would fix my problem and did not want to try a laparoscopic option for my case. The surgeon wasn't sure anyone would attempt it; but if anyone could effect laparoscopic repair, it would be Michael Margolis. It is 3 years since my surgeries. (I would need two.) Dr. Margolis is amazing. There were several factors that were very embarrassing to me. Dr. Margolis was completely supportive; I did not need to explain. He doesn't over-burden with data but will answer every question completely, never rushing. He is a quiet man and pauses for comfortable lengths of time so you can process what is going on. Why would I recommend going to Dr. Margolis? 1) He is incredibly skilled in laparoscopy. Very few surgeons have his level of expertise. There is risk every time you have surgery; select the most skilled surgeon you can. Open surgeries do carry more risks so if a lap is possible... 2) He builds excellent rapport with his patients. He views your life as having great value and treats you with dignity. 3) His post-op care is phenomenal. Don't be afraid to communicate with his office if you have questions. I have found email to be the most efficient. 4) Search and read Dr. Margolis's website. He is an extremely giving person. He believes in charity at home and abroad. Need to be self-pay? He is absolutely affordable. 5) He works out of a stand-alone day surgery center. Everyone there is wonderful. There are no bells and whistles. The waiting room and building will not "wow" you. The attention to safety, to detail, to cleanliness, to the highest standard of care - will! Please do not rush your post-op healing. I was warned that full healing would take a long time. Have faith: it will come. I had to fly to see him for the second surgery; it was totally worth it. I am active, enjoying great health and great results; I owe so much to Dr. Margolis.

Just had surgery three days ago. Am feeling great, just sore and uncomfortable to sit. Have not had a follow up visit yet. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Margolis and his staff and I got wonderful care at Los Gatos Hospital.

Simply the best

I've met many doctors in my life as I have a set of elderly parents and until few years ago I also had a grandmother. I have never met a doctor who was at least remotely close to Dr. Margolis when it comes to caring. I had to have a surgery and I was very scared and he made me feel completely calm and confident that everything will be all right...and everything is now. I must also say that even though he was very gentle and soothing I was always aware that I am in very strong and capable hands. I also have issues when it comes to trusting a doctor and I have to say that I never questioned Dr. Margolis, I just trusted him and he took really good care of me just as he said he would. He is one amazing doctor, highly recommended!