Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael A Masini
Dr. Michael A Masini, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Masini is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. Dr. Masini has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Masini has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael A Masini has the following 5 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Michael A Masini has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael A Masini is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr. Masini replaced both hips at the same time using the anterior approach. I was driving and back to living my life in 2 weeks. He truly gave me my life back. I will be forever grateful. It took me 3 months to get an appt and another 5 months to get on his surgical schedule but it was worth the wait.
I do not fault Dr. Masini for the low rating given for follow-up. I have found it very difficult, near impossible, to deal w/ the staff in the group practice office; obtaining information about medications, issues that have developed in-between appointments, etc. On two occasions I received less than satisfactory responses to questions regarding an allergy that developed after receiving an injection from Doctor Masini; the nurse would not relay my messages to him right away, consequently, I endured a lot of pain over a weekend. I plan to talk to Dr. Masini when I see him later this month. She could have saved me a lot of grief and pain had she not tried to diagnose the issue herself. I wonder, are the nursing and adjunct office medical staff trained to act as "buffers" for the physicians? I understand where this may be necessary to run an efficient office. However, the whole situation was poorly handled until the message finally got to Dr. Masini and he recognized and resolved it immediately.
Dr. Masini performed my anterior total hip replacement. I saw Dr. Masini as a second opinion doctor. On my initial visit, Dr. Masini was considerate and totally professional. He didn't hurry me through the visit, asked necessary questions, and answered all of mine and put me completely at ease. My surgery was successful and my recovery complete thanks to Dr. Masini. I would recommend him to anyone requiring hip or knee replacement.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Masini is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael A Masini accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIha Ann Arbor Orthopaedic Specialists, 5315 Elliott Dr Ste 304, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Masini, MD - Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery in Ypsilanti, MI, in this video.
Dr. Michael A Masini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.