Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Matilsky
Dr. Michael A Matilsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Matilsky is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Matilsky has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Matilsky has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Matilsky has the following 20 expertise
- Shortness of Breath
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- High Blood Pressure
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Chest Pain
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Heart Diseases
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Exercise Stress Test
- Nuclear Stress Test
Dr. Michael A Matilsky is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Only complaint is the wait time to see him.
Great doctor long waiting times. Had several emergency had to skip 4 appointments in a row. After 8 years trying to stabilise heart problem get a letter that he drop me and no longer can see him or any one else there never got to explain my situation just said find another dr within 30 days what a great dr NO WAY I can wait an hour or two that's ok but missed several appointments they give me can't see your no more what a line of bull your practice is horrible in that area shame on you!!!!!!!!
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Matilsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1982
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Matilsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThree Village Cardiology, 210 N Belle Mead Ave, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Matilsky in this video.
Dr. Michael A Matilsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.