Dr. Michael Mayfield Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael Mayfield?

Creepiest man alive

Posted on September 21st, 2017

I saw him in college. He was the creepiest doctor I've ever had. I was so incredibly uncomfortable being alone in a room with him. He kept prescribing drugs that gave me serious side effects and didn't seem to believe me when I reported them. I told him one made it impossible for me to sleep, so he told me to take more. I don't think he even tried to figure out what was wrong with me. He gave me a diagnosis after a few minutes of me sitting there being too uncomfortable to say much. And then he didn't tell me what my diagnosis was- the counselor in the same office told me.

Very good doctor

Posted on March 8th, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mayfield for about a year now and I LOVE his bedside manner. He is very nice and seems to be genuinely concerned about his patients well being. The only minute issue is that sometimes they overbook him and you'll have to wait a bit to be seen. Once seen though, the wait seems miniscule!

Great doctor

Posted on July 26th, 2016

Very nice and cares about his patients

Posted on January 28th, 2016

Dr mayfield is a very understanding compassionate phsycatrist. (I know I didn't spell that right) but he caresponded about his patients well being

patient comment/Dr. Review

Posted on December 3rd, 2015

I've known Dr. Mayfield for over 5 yrs. He is a Very Good listener, But most Patients that are Regulars fail to go to "Talk Therapy" (Psychotherapy) and take up time that he isn't always at liberty to be their therapist too. He also needs patients to understand that it's their responsibility to give him feedback about what works for them or not. He is NOT a mindreader. I say this because the truth is MOST patients Do NOT understand how general psychiatry works. It is essential to every client to have friends or family help you evaluate your mental thought patterns (If possible) & or of life circumstances to better enable the assistance of ANY Dr. Including General Practice. The reason I say this is because you, your loved one's, peers, etc. know YOU better than anyone else. Unless you just keep quiet & to yourself. This is not meant for blame, but It Slows down (Wait times) for established patients. I have Only done the "Talk" thing upon changing meds & asking or noting what the results were about the change of meds were. Lots of conditions "mimic" other Mental or Psychological conditions. Get Reg. Bloodwork from your primary Dr. have your Lithium levels checked, thyroid, & visit a Neurologic Dr. this can also help tremendously as well. Best Wishes. Oh, Please answer the phone, Please. I'm not going to hold you up forever.

The Receptionist

Posted on August 27th, 2015

The ladies in there that they have are very disrespectful to My Wife when she was trying to make another appointment they got rid of the nice receptionist and got worse ones the nice receptionist gave us food when we was hungry because it took so long for a ride to get therethere I don't think we are going this doctor office anymore. We are going to find my wife a new doctor that's for sure.

Great Shrink

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

An Excellent Psychiatrist who seems to tryly care about outcome! Excellent.

pill dispenser

Posted on March 26th, 2015

I know several people that go to this man for narcotics. I also see several other reviews claiming the same thing. Something needs to be done about this. He is nothing more than a drug dealer in a white coat.

Posted on March 4th, 2015

Quack a doodle do! This man is dangerous! He fed me lots of Xanax

Best

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Best Psychiatrist; appears to sincerely care about patient outcomes and does whatever to minimize suffering (professionally). Extremely easy to relate to and trust in his intentions. I've had many psychiatric and serious physical trauma; therefore I've interacted w many Doctors and Psychiatrists. I wold give him highest laurels.

Terrible

Posted on February 9th, 2015

Rude staff, a doctor who gives no eye contact and says nothing...

Posted on June 16th, 2014

My adult son went to him several years ago for depression and anxiety. The first time he went by himself, the second time he asked me to go with him to get my thoughts on the doctor. As everyone else rated him 1-2 stars and their TRUE comments, I can reiterate everything they said. I don't understand how this man got a license to practice. He is nothing but a pill dispenser, misdiagnoses and is the oddest person I have ever encountered. if you want a real doctor, DO NOT GO TO THIS MAYFIELD person....