Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Mccleod
Dr. Michael J Mccleod, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Myers, FL, with other offices in Cape Coral, FL and Fort Myers, FL (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mccleod is affiliated with Lehigh Regional Medical Center. Dr. Mccleod has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Mccleod has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Mccleod has the following 12 expertise
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Dr. Michael J Mccleod has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
My husband and I were always happy with Dr. McCleod other than he always seemed to be in a hurry and didn't seem to really listen to us. He diagnosed my husband with Stage 3 lung cancer which subsequently spread to a lymph node in his abdomen and became Stage 4. After months of not feeling well, being light-headed and staying in bed 18-24 hours a day, a rural ER did a CT scan and found a very large tumor in his brain. Subsequently, his neurosurgeon said it had been there for a year, maybe longer. Dr. McCleod repeatedly told us every 3-4 months when he ordered pet/ct scans there was no active cancer in his head, chest or abdomen. Turns out the scans were only being done from the base of his skull to mid-thigh. My husband died from complications after a craniotomy, three weeks after the surgery. If Dr. McCleod is your oncologist, demand that you have an MRI of your brain.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mccleod is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Michael J Mccleod accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Mccleod is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.