Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Mckay has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael D Mckay has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Michael D Mckay is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have known Dr. McKay for many years, he was my Mom's doctor and has been my doctor for many, many years. I trust his judgment and I trust him. He makes you feel relaxed and he tells you the good, bad and the ugly, if there are options to your condition, he lets you know what they are, if he refers you to another doctor, then you know he feels something else should be addressed. I think he is wonderful and I wish we had more caring people like him.
What does it take to be labeled the Best GI in Raleigh? Someone who has the knowledge base to provide excellent care, compassion, easy to talk with, a great listener and takes time to do all of these components. Dr. McKay exhibits all of these on each visit. When you leave his office you know that your concerns have been addressed and feel comfortable with his answers. Though it should not be, it is rare to see a physician that loves what he does and provides such outstanding care to all of his patients.
Basically they wanted me to sign something that said I wouldnt go to another gastro doctor outside of their office. When I said I have seen another gastro and was here to get another opinion, they told me to leave. They said they wont see a patient who has been seen by another gastro. I am seeking legal council on how to proceed.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Michael D Mckay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRaleigh Endoscopy Center, 2417 Atrium Dr Ste 101, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Michael D Mckay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.