Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Morejon has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael J Morejon has the following 22 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Tic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Separation Anxiety
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Michael J Morejon has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Morejon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
As someone who has gone to several psychologists, as well as psychiatrists, in the past few years, I can honestly say that Dr. Mike and his staff are the best that I have come across. He was able to diagnose a condition that other doctors in the past had missed. He is very caring and makes you feel comfortable during the appointment. You can tell that he and his team truly care for their patients. Also, they are extremely knowledgable and professional. I would recommend Dr. Mike to anyone!
I have been seeing Dr. Mike for over a year now. He and his staff are always amazing. I enjoy the time I spend at his office. I am able to schedule an appointment that fits into my schedule very easily, and Dr. Mike personally calls me to let me know if he is going to be running late, or needs to reschedule. I will continue to see Dr. Mike for as long as I live in the area. Thanks Dr. Mike!
I had been to a few psychiatrists in the years dealing with my disorders but when relocating to Boca I found Dr. Mike. I was thrilled to find that he is not like most of the psychiatrists I went to in being complete robots. He really did care and even does counseling if you want it. That I found quite RARE- seeing as most doctors want you to come in for a quick 15 minutes visit then charge you ungodly amounts. NOT THE CASE with Dr. Mike. He does care. On a side note, His office is really nice.
I found Dr Mike to be very knowledgeable, kind and sympathetic. He is very professional and even runs on time. He assessed my child and made a critical diagnosis at a critical time. This allowed for early intervention and treatment, which made all the difference in the world. My child has made an incredible recovery as a result, for which I will be forever grateful. I would recommend him to anyone, child or adult.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsProliance Center, 1489 W Palmetto Park Rd Ste 365, Boca Raton, FL
Dr. Michael J Morejon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boca Raton, FL.