Dr. Michael Morrison Is this you?

25 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Michael Morrison?

Unprofessional Office Staff

Posted on March 15th, 2010

After 2 children and 5 years at West Broward Pediatrics, the office manager (Nancy) told me I must provide them with my SSN or else I would have to either self-pay or find another pediatrician. I was told its their policy. That is with insurance, all bills paid on time and my husband's SSN number on file already. But, self-pay is obviously not an option because after refusing to provide it to the office manager, my daughter's wellness appointment was canceled by the office staff the next day. Calls to the appointment line requesting to schedule appointments are not returned. Requests to speak with the doctor are denied by the office staff, with the office manager stating I have no right to speak with the doctors regarding office matters. Dr. Tafeen (the senior Dr. on staff) told me it would not be a problem if I did not want to provide my SSN a week before Nancy called me demanding it. I signed the form requesting my children's medical records be released 2 weeks ago, still nothing. That was after being told by the office staff (Traci) that the process takes 1 week. In the meantime, my son has had an ear infection, followed by a ruptured ear drum. He's been to urgent care 2 times in the last 3 weeks since the office staff will not allow him to see his current pediatrician and I can't make an appointment with another one until they get the records/vaccination history transferred. In addition, the office manager claims Dr. Morrison is aware of the situation. If that is true, the doctors should be ashamed of themselves for allowing their staff to act in this way, trying to punish clients that do not wish to provide sensitive data they dont need, putting the childrens well-being at risk in the process. In all fairness, if not for the office staff, I would give the doctor 4 stars.

Posted on October 24th, 2017