Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Mostyn has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Mostyn has the following 7 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 21
Made appointment 1 moth ago, went to his office he was not there. Spent 2 hrs there. I needewd mty pain meds because was waiting to be authorized to see pain doctor which would take up a month to see him. This doctor has two differennt offices so the PA callled the other office and told me to go there next day for a scipt, They said he would not help me at that office and to make anthonr appointment which was very odd. He is my primary dfoctor!
Went in for a referral for an annual gynocologist exam (as directed by my insurance)and a renewal of an existing prescription. I sat behind a triage curtain for two hours while he flirted with nurses, sang and told jokes. When he finally came to me, he asked me what I was in for. I began to tell him -- and he rudely cut me off, threw down his pen, told me to let him do the doctoring, refused to call in my renewal of a standard prescription, and said I was wasting his time. I left in tears, completely shocked and stunned, and confused about what had just happened. I didn't get my prescription refilled or my gynocology referral. He is crazy!!!
- Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Michael Mostyn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Mostyn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Desert, CA.