Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Muelly
Dr. Michael Muelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA, with another office in Palo Alto, CA. He has 2 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Muelly is affiliated with Stanford Hospital & Clinics. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Muelly has the following 3 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Muelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
2 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2011
Dr. Michael Muelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Muelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.