More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Muha
Dr. Michael J Muha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lima, OH, with another office in Van Wert, OH. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, Surgery of the Hand and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Muha is affiliated with St Rita's Medical Center and OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Muha has the following 4 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael J Muha has the following 4 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Michael J Muha is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Muha did my trigger thumb four years ago. It is a joy to be able to use it again! He was very professional and had a very good beside manner. I would highly recommend him!
Definition of fast food Dr. Definitely would never visit this Dr again. Spent less than 2 minutes with me. I paid 200 for the first visit with a diagnosis of torn muscles. Wasn't even prescribed ANY medication. Nothing for my pain, no ibuprofen, no nothing. Horrible bed side manner. Do not go to this Dr. Egotistical and very rude
If you go to any doctor at the Orthopedic Institute of Ohio, plan on being there for at least an hour if you are lucky. Dr. Muha may know his stuff but he is lacking in a bedside manner. After waiting for almost an hour to see him, he came in, with no apology for the wait. Breezed thru the exam so he could get on with the next patient. OIO really needs to change their attitude towards the treatment of their patients. I'm not sure I would ever recommend anyone going to any doctor there just because you feel like you are just a piece of meat on an assembly line:(
Dr. Muha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Wright State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael J Muha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Paramount HMO Ohio
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Muha in this video.
Dr. Michael J Muha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lima, OH.