Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael P Muldoon
Dr. Michael P Muldoon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Muldoon is affiliated with Sharp Coronado Hospital and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Muldoon has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael P Muldoon has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael P Muldoon has the following 19 expertise
- Femoral Neck Fractures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Stress Fractures
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Michael P Muldoon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael P Muldoon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 25
We were very happy with Dr. Muldoon and with the whole Sharps Memorial staff. My husband fell and broke his hip (age 52). Dr. Muldoon reviewed my husband's medical history which includes RA and determined a hip replacement was the best way to go. My husband is up and hobbling around and very happy with the way the whole process has gone.
Dr Muldoon took on my complicated case which was an infected leg after a total knee replacement, and allergic to both the componet and the bone cement. My first doctor dropped me like a hot potato, but Dr Muldoon took on the case, had a custom implant made. Always gave me any amount of time needed and always erred on the side of caution. There are doctors and then there is Dr. Muldoon, great bedside manners, always time for your questions, and truly has your health in his best intrust. I am and will always be greatful to Dr Muldoon, our nickname for him is, "PaPa" because he takes care of you like your his family.
Dr. Muldoon did a total hip replacement for me after a car accident. I am extremely satisfied with my new hip, along with the pre-operative and post-surgery care received from Dr. Muldoon. He has been attentive to my needs, explained the procedure, and has continued to follow-up closely with my physical therapy progress.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Muldoon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Michael P Muldoon accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Medical Group Of San Diego Inc, 3750 Convoy St Ste 201, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael P Muldoon, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in San Diego, CA, in this video.
Dr. Michael P Muldoon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.