Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael N Weinstein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael N Weinstein has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Michael N Weinstein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Despite the horrible review on this site, I decided to go ahead and see him only because I needed an urgent first appointment due to my gastritis issue. I gave 5 star on everything but 4 star for bedside manner only because he is not a "friendly jolly" type of a doctor. He can come across as a serious person. Personally, I like serious, thorough, and keen doctors. He asked so so so many questions, even to my joke about I feel like I am a hypochondria. After the blood work, he spent like 15 minutes on the phone going over every single test result, and I am thinking to myself "when was the last time the doctor actually explained all these?" I am more used to nurses calling me saying "all your test results came back great". I had to bring a 2 year old to the appointment, and he was very understanding about her terrible-two behavior.
i find it hard to believe that he's a real doctor, he doesn't listen, i told him for a month i thought i had a urinary tract infection, he said it was my hormones, i had all the systems, he still wouldn't order a urine test, on nov 28 i got shingles, he told me thats from a compromise in my immune system, i replied now you must know all these system i'm having is an infection, what better way to compromise your immune system than an infection that's been going on for a month, he said shingles could be caused by anything and still wouldn't take the test, i went to the emergency room, the results were an ongoing urinary tract infection, which went on long enough to compromise my immune system, i want others to know about him, he's one of the only doctors who is ever excepting new patients, i wonder why that is, i finally found another pcp, i have documents to prove i'm not making this up, i can even have other doctors and nurses confirm all of this
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
40 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Michael N Weinstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelrose Medical Associates, 792 Main St, Melrose, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael N Weinstein in this video.
Dr. Michael N Weinstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melrose, MA.