Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael W Newkirk has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I check myself in being that I was coming down with a cold. Dr. Newkirk spent a little over 3 minutes examining me with the routine equipment. He quickly came to the conclusion I was suffering from allergies. He prescribed me flonaise and sent me on my way. 3 days later after no improvement I decide to get a 2nd opinion at Norton's immediate care and they quickly informed me that I had strep throat. I do not recommend this so called doctor to anyone, along with baptist worx. I hope this saves someone time and money.
A total insensitive JERK,didn't listen to a thing I said.Pushed on my lower back a few times and told me to go back to work immediately,that my work will find a sit down job for me,it hurts to sit or stand and feel I have a disk problem.They said they would set up an M.R.I....I had to call them,they said they would call back and never did....
I broke my upper arm at work yesterday and today he released me back to work despite the fact that I can't use my right arm or even move it. I can't even go to the bathroom without help pulling my pants up. When I asked him about this he got all worked up becaused I dared to question his judgement. If you must go to Baptistworx on Fern Valley take my advice and see the other doctor even if you have to come back at a later time.
27 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Michael W Newkirk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLouisville-Fern Valley Road, 3303 Fern Valley Rd, Louisville, KY
Dr. Michael W Newkirk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.