Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Niemeier
Dr. Michael Niemeier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Niemeier is affiliated with Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital, Clarian North Medical Center and Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Niemeier has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Niemeier has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Michael Niemeier has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Michael Niemeier is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Niemeier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
Clarian North Medical Center
Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
Clarian West Medical Center
Clarian Health - Indiana University Hospital
IU Health North
Clarian Health North
IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
IU Health West
IU Health Physicians
Methodist Medical Group and Specialty Physicians
Clarian Health West LLC
Methodist Hospital Clarian Health
Methodist Hospital - Indianapolis
34 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Michael Niemeier accepts the following insurance providers.
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1801 Senate Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Michael Niemeier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.