Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael I Nissensohn MD
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn has 3 locations
1637 Mineral Spring Ave Ste 111
North Providence, RI 02904
1 Slater Ave
Providence, RI 02906
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 5
Worst Dr I have ever had in all my 60 years.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Nissensohn - Posted on August 21st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Nissensohn - Posted on August 6th, 2016
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn is one of the finest physicians I have had over the past 4 years. I have been told that he is no longer with Comprehensive Health Care and they have no info on where he has moved on to. If anyone knows where Dr. Nissensohn is now practicing please let me know as I would like to get back in touch with him to continue my medical care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Nissensohn - Posted on June 17th, 2016
the best dr
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Nissensohn - Posted on February 18th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael I Nissensohn - Posted on January 4th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael I Nissensohn, MD - Gastroenterology in North Providence, RI, in this video.
Dr. Michael I Nissensohn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Providence, RI.