Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael O Crews
Dr. Michael O Crews, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Bastian, VA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Crews is affiliated with Wythe County Community Hospital and St Luke Hospital West. Dr. Crews has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael O Crews has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
When I first started seeing Dr. Crews he was very concerned and took his time with me. Now that I have been seeing him for over five years he has become less interested in treating any new concerns. You can't get an appoint with him if you have an emergency. You must see one of the other doctors at the clinic. He would rather write RX's than take the time to figure out what is wrong, or have x-rays taken to help you. You have to wait months to get an appointment if you have to reschedule, You wait hours to see him. His staff can be rude at times. Diagnosis is not there if he won't take the time to look you over. On visit he didn't even listen to my lungs, heart or anything. Even told him about ear pain and he never looked at my ear. He does spend a lot of time with you so he can over bill your insurance company. Getting blood work or results from the office is like pulling teeth.....3 weeks sometimes before you get a call back from his staff.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Crews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Logan General Hospital
Dr. Michael O Crews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBland County Medical Clinic, 12301 Grapefield Rd, Bastian, VA
Dr. Michael O Crews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bastian, VA.