Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael F Oats MD
Dr. Michael F Oats, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Yarmouth, MA, with another office in Sandwich, MA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael F Oats has 2 locations
88 Ansel Hallet Rd
West Yarmouth, MA 02673
282 Route 130
Sandwich, MA 02563
Dr. Michael F Oats has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Michael F Oats has the following 11 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
Dr. Michael F Oats is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
38 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Michael F Oats Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael F Oats
Courtesy Staff includes primary, specialty, contract/coverage care physicians, dentists and podiatrists who provide patient care services on an occasional, temporary or contractual basis and make intermittent visits to the hospital. Courtesy Staff members are not required to attend medical staff meetings. Members of the Courtesy Staff may admit up to 10 patients per year.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael F Oats, MD - Ophthalmology in West Yarmouth, MA, in this video.
Dr. Michael F Oats is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Yarmouth, MA.