2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael J Olek?

Rachel W.

I was reading through these reviews tonight due to the fact that Dr Olek is no longer practicing at Loma Linda University. I have been a patient of his for over 2 yrs now and I can't even imagine what people were thinking while writing these negative reviews. I was extremely satisfied with him as my MS specialist and extremely sad to hear he is no longer there. He always listened to all my concerns, always gave me options for solutions, and was always extremely professional. He was sure to ask me if I had people to talk to about the day to day dealings with MS like a support group or if I wanted a referral for counseling. He was always genuinely concerned and caring. He always greeted me with a smile and a wave and I couldn't have asked for a better specialist. Sad that people writing these reviews seemed to fully misunderstand him.

Horrible

Rude Rude Rude!!! Loma Linda has a great reputation but to have this doctor working for them was hurtful especially when the doctors should show Christian behavior!! Im glad he will no longer be there thank God for Loma Linda seeing the light!!

Horiable human being ...Doctor what a joke! Doesn't care about his job or his patients !

incompetent office staff

I can't get a the office staff to follow through with a pre authorization for a prescription. It's been months and every time I call the girl that handles it is at lunch. Nobody takes pride in their work in Dr offices these days. I went there for headaches and cannot get the medicine I need for them so it was a waste of time and money.

Rude and dismisses patients concerns

I felt like he already had his mind made up before speaking/meeting me for the first time.. He showed comete disrespect to other doctors opinions, and stated they didn't know what they are talking about. These are other doctors at Loma Linda; However, he had the nerve to say HE DIDN'T KNOW what he could do for me.. I was referred to him for NERVE problems and he is supposedly a NERO SPECIALIST!! When I asked him questions or tried to explain what I have been going through, he smirked as if I was Lying.. He NEVER turned to look at, kept his eyes on his computer.. Very, very rude doctor, and should get some needed training on compassion and bed side manners. Loma Linda should hold themselves up to a higher standard and not allow ANY of their Doctors treat a patient like he treats them.. I can see by others reviews that I am not the first to experience his rudeness..

Searching for Diagnosis

I have suffered from pulsatile tinnitus for over 6 months and have been to multiple doctors to try and figure out the cause. My primary care doctor referred me to an ENT that took over 2 months to get an appointment with and another month to get an MRI done. MRI was normal and ENT suggested I see a neurologist next. My insurance changed to where I didn't have to wait for a referral, thank goodness, so I went to work trying to find a neurologist. The nurse making my appointment was pleasant and tried to send me to the right type of Neurologist for my symptoms. I had high hopes Dr. Olek would be helpful until he walked in the door at my first appointment. He acted as if I was bothering him and didn't care about my tinnitus, only wanted to talk about the headaches it was causing. He even answered my tinnitus question with "I don't know!" He was rude and got up in the middle of the appointment to go outside at random times. Funny bow nice he was to people outside, but when he came back into the exam room he returned to his rude demeanor. He definitely didn't care for me to be there, although he did order a test I think needs to be done to rule in or out a cause of my tinnitus after I asked for it. Why do doctors treat patients with real health issues this way?

Worst experience ever, I think he have a good experience with MS, but what is the advantage if he don't know how to deal with the patients.I DONT RECOMMEND HIM AT ALL

Two thumbs up for Dr. Olek

I am a fairly new patient and have seen Dr. Olek three times in the last few months. I never have to wait more than about 5 minutes or so, and his staff (Gina) is helpful and caring. I ask lots of questions and he answers them patiently without making me feel rushed, and if I don't understand something, he will go over it until I get it. I am very comfortable in his care.

Great MS Doctor

I called and got an appointment with in a week. Dr Olek's assistant, was very nice and easy to work with over the phone. I got there had my forms filled out and only waited a couple of minutes for the Doctor. A first. Dr Olek has extensive knowledge of MS and different ways to treat the various issues that arise. He gave me several choices of medications i could take gave me the pro and cons of each. took the time to explain what was happening and what could happen in the future. I left feeling satisfied this is the MS doctor for me. Also, When I called back later with questions, Dr Olek called me back with in a hour. Getting refills on my meds is no problem either. I'm really happy with Dr Olek and his staff

Bedside manner (caring)

Bedside manner (caring)... Non, You feel that he doesn't care.

Horrible Experience

Choosing to see this doctor and listen to him was one of the worst decisions I have made in my treatment and diagnosis of MS. I could hear him talking to his assistant through the wall prior to him coming in to the exam room and I could overhear him talking about my medical records. Apparently, he had made up his mind prior to examining me that I did not have MS and questioned why I there. When he finally came in to the exam room, he spent very little time asking me about my medical history and symptoms and no time actually examining me. He said that based on the MRI of my brain, I did not have MS and should not be taking medicine for it. He failed to even look at the MRI of my cervical spine which clearly shows large lesions. As a result, I went off my medicine and 10 months later experienced the worst relapse of my life losing feeling and fine motor skills from the neck down. Luckily, I found great neurologist who helped me through that relapse and got me back on my meds and I have been relapse free since.

Worst Experience

Apparently bedside manner, knowledge, ethics, and honesty do not apply to Dr. Olek. On the day of my appointment, Dr. Olek was 30 minutes late which was longer than the amount of time I spent with him to understand my illness. During the examination his lack of interest was obvious and he proceeded to seem annoyed when I asked questions. He actually lied to my face when I asked about an possible diagnosis. I found out later that he wrote a paper on the subject that was published, yet he answered my questions to the opposite of what he stated in the journal. His office staff is very friendly and helpful but I would avoid this man if you care about your health.

Dr. Michael J Olek is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Loma Linda, CA.

Dr. Michael J Olek Is this you?