Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael F Owen has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I had bleeding issue & had to go to the ER, they told me to follow up with a Gyn. right away. Being new to the area I didn't have any doctors & had to build my trusted circle of Dr's again. I was very concerned about my 1st visit with Dr. Michael Owen after reading the only review on this site & it being so negative, but fortunately I did read a lot more reviews on another medical site & they were all positive so I decided to go. I am very glad I did, Dr. Owen was very patient & explained all options for my medical issue & even answered all my husbands questions. I did have a uterine biopsy, wasn't fun but not horrible either, just painful for a second like when you cut your finger & it throbbed & bled but so does a cut anywhere else on your body. All in all a good visit, excellent staff, clean facility & very knowledgable & caring doctor. Thanks for making me feel so comfortable ;}
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
41 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Michael F Owen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMethodist Medical Group, 2102 Oxford Ave Ste C, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael F Owen in this video.
Dr. Michael F Owen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.