Dr. Michael Owens Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Michael Owens?

Worst Provider Ever!!!!

Posted on May 16th, 2017

He was over an hour late to my appointment and spoke so quickly I could barely follow him and had no opportunities to ask questions. I've never felt so rushed at an appointment with any provider before in my life. He sent me for one test for GI issues, then had his nurse call me back and tell me to see a dietician, and his nurse refused to make a follow-up appointment for me to discuss my results, even though I specifically requested one. Then the nurse proceeds to call me back again and tell me that he recommends that I stop taking my medication for an unrelated medical issue (even though I've been on it for years) and to start taking benzos (like Ativan or Xanax) instead for GI issues, even though this is anxiety medication and not for GI issues at all, and I don't want to be on any anxiety medication. It was a terrible experience and I don't recommend him to anyone. In fact, I highly recommend you stay away from him.

Posted on October 1st, 2013

Dr. Michael Owens and his office not helpful: recommended more expensive test then I needed, lied to me about how he would submit codes to my insurance company, never did a personal follow-up, had his assistant try to schedule an unnecessary surgery, his office did not send me notes when requested in writing, and I have been proactively trying to get insurance coding corrected for over one year with people telling me they will have supervises call me back and they never do.

Posted on September 18th, 2013

Nice person, nice staff but it was very obvious he didn't care to help me at all. Test results were sat on until I called asking why I hadn't received any communication. He kept ordering tests and the Insurance bills kept piling up, but never did we get any closer to a solution. After the tests were done, they just told me to watch for changes and to call another doctor (this will be the 3rd time I was passed off during this experience). He would not talk to me or meet with me after, I received no diagnosis or even ideas of the problem. He's good at doing tests but not so much at the actually helping of people. Overall a very disappointing experience.

I Highly Recommend Dr. Owens

Posted on April 23rd, 2012

My previous colonoscopy was unsuccessful meaning I had to follow up with a barium enema - ugh. Dr. Owens thoroughly explained to me why he believed he could perform a successful and complete colonoscopy on me, and I believed him because he was very detailed in his explanations. He also never got defensive when I asked him pointed questions, and he openly answered my questions. The best part is that he was indeed able to perform a complete colonoscopy with no complications. My appointment was for 8:30 and I was home by 10:15! I am referring all of my friends to Dr. Owens based on my experience.

A very smart doctor and very kind.

Posted on January 30th, 2011

After going to other doctors who did not know what was wrong with me and one who messed me up, Dr. Owens knew right away what was wrong and fixed what the other doctor did wrong and corrected the original problem. Very compassiote, quick,and easy to talk to. Seemed truly interested in me. I recommend him highly.

Posted on December 8th, 2010

I was given Dr Owens name by another pyhsician to have a biopsy done on my esophagus. Of course I had concerns, the only one was the fear that he could perforate my esophagus. Of course he said he has never had a perforation, but there is always that risk. THe day of the biopsy he got a little too radical and he ended up perforating my esophagus. It was the worst pain imagineable, they had to end up putting a stint in to repair my esophagus. I lost 24 lbs, and was in and out of the emergency room for the next 3 months. At one time if I didin't get my white blood count up I could have. THe sad thing about this whole ordeal was that after he perforated my esophagus he was non-existant, I had to end up having another doctor remove the stint.The biggest thing is I have had 3 biopsys done since and not a problem except for them telling me they have to be careful around the site that was perforated. I myself and my insurance company spent a lot of money because of his carelessness. Not only the money spent that they didn't feel they should have to write off, was the pain I suffered through. This is just a reminder to anybody going in to have a biopsy check references!

Posted on August 10th, 2010

I really like Dr.Owens I thought he was great and I felt comfortable w/ him. He was very professional and If I had to be seen again I would choose him. He was awesome

VERY Bad Judgement.

Posted on December 20th, 2009

I was seeing Dr Owens for Crohn's Disease and while I owe him a debt for being the first doctor to give me Remicade treatments after several Doctors in California refused to. He accused me of manipulating a prescription of a controled substance. Even though I was the one to bring it to the pharmacist attention that the prescription had a checkmark in the "no refills" box...it also had the #3 box circled. I told the Pharmacist and the next thing I know, I am discharged. I knew I was innocent. I spoke to the Medical Director and she was very arrogent and smug and told me she was backing up Dr Owens call. I did not give up there. I spent a week talking to the pharmacy and getting the original hardcopy. I proved my innocence and they reversed the dicision. However the next time I need pain killers (for crohn's pain management) the nurse told me that Dr Owens notes stated that I was not to be given narcotics under any circumstances. I was STILL treated as if I were some junkie who tried to pull a fast one...even though I was PROVEN not guilty. So even though I was no longer discharged as a patient, I took my buisness elswhere.

Posted on February 28th, 2017