Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Carney
Dr. Michael Carney, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology. Dr. Carney is affiliated with Select Specialty Hospital - Tulsa, Saint Francis Hospital, Inc and Tulsa Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Carney has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Carney is one of the most caring Drs i know,his bedside manner totally professional and personable,very up to date on your condition and readily has advice if we are not taking care of ourselves,his personality is full of wit,charm and he is very funny makes you feel like you are part of his family i would recommend him to anyone who needs a cardiologist.
Dr. Carney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Select Specialty Hospital - Tulsa
Saint Francis Hospital, Inc
Tulsa Regional Medical Center
Osu Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Michael Carney accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions802 S Jackson Ave, Tulsa, OK
Dr. Michael Carney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.