More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael P Link has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Bone Cancer
- Skeletal Muscle Cancer (Rhabdomyosarcoma)
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Burkitt Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Second Primary Neoplasms
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chromosome Aberrations
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Michael Link has been my treating and follow-up physician for going on 24 years now. I am a long-term follow-up patient from a 1985 osteo-sarcoma case. Dr. Link has provided me with the highest quality of care possible and the knowledge, accomplishments and reputation of this pioneer in pediatric oncology, has saved many a life and has given years of healthy life to countless, thankful patients. There are few doctors who could match his status or importance in this world. Dr. Link will always be at the very top of my prayer list, and his friendship and support is absolutely invaluable to me and my family. I am alive today, only because he practices medicine.
My daughter was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins T-cell lymphoma about a year ago and is currently in treatment with Dr. Link and his amazing staff. They care so much about each patient and we have as much access to Dr Link as we want or need. Treatment is not complete, but so far she is in remission and doing very well. You can't get any better than Dr Link and his staff. They focus not only on the patient but the entire family dealing with tough diagnosis.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
America's Top Doctors for Cancer (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® For Cancer are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals as being the best in preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer and its related ramifications. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
44 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Michael P Link accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLucile Packard Childrens Hospital, 725 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael P Link in this video.
Dr. Michael P Link is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.