The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Mann
Dr. Michael Mann, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Langhorne, PA, with another office in Langhorne, PA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Mann is affiliated with Hahnemann University Hospital, Frankford Hospital - Torresdale Campus and Temple Lower Bucks Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Mann has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Michael Mann has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Mann was good with ordering the correct chemo. However he doesn't seem to care about symptom management. Accept for an initial teaching session by one of his nurses which informed me of possible side effects which I think was done for liability protection, I was never asked about symptoms or problems that I was having. No teaching was done at all during the chemo infusions. I also didn't see the doctor during the chemo just once every 6 weeks in an office appointment.
Dr. Mann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hahnemann University Hospital
Frankford Hospital - Torresdale Campus
Temple Lower Bucks Hospital
Frankford Hospital - Bucks County Campus
St. Mary Medical Center - Langhorne
Aria Health-Torresdale Division
Aria Health Torresdale Campus
Aria Health Bucks County Campus
37 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Mann in this video.
Dr. Michael Mann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Langhorne, PA.