Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Palmen has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Michael Palmen has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Michael Palmen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
We liked his availability via phone, text or email. However, in the first (very expensive!) session, he was judgemental about the fact that my wife has 2 glasses of wine a night. At our second session, we waited 30 minutes past our appointment time, then knocked on his door. We heard him inside, but he did not answer. So we left. Later he texted that he came out to the lobby looking for us at 15 past our appt. time and we weren't there. We were most certainly there and couldn't have been missed. His lie about this was unprofessional.
38 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions20 2nd Ave SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Michael Palmen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.