Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newbury Park, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Papanicolaou is affiliated with Los Robles Hospital. Dr. Papanicolaou has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 13
I have been very pleased with the overall care I've received from Doctor Papanicolaou. He treated me with utmost courtesy and professionalism, yet gave me the distinct impression that he really cared about my overall health and well being. He's good at taking difficult and complex medical terms and translating them into easy to understand plain english. He motivated me into losing 100 pounds and I would trust him with the care of anyone in my family.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Papanicolaou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
Locations & DirectionsHeart Center Cardiology Medical Associates, 1000 Newbury Rd Ste 180, Newbury Park, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Newbury Park, CA, in this video.
Dr. Michael N Papanicolaou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newbury Park, CA.