Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Parent
Dr. Michael Parent, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lewiston, ID. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Parent is affiliated with St Joseph Regional Medical Center and Tri-State Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Parent has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Parent has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Michael Parent is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have been a patient of Dr. Parents for a few years, and I have no issues with him at all. He is always curtious, respectful, helpful. His nurse (individual that takes stats etc.), is ridiculously rude, and disrespectful. She makes sure to be rude when no other staff are around, so any complaint I have made has turned into a she said/she said type of situation. This last interaction involved her messing up the appointment schedule, and , according to her, I was 20 minutes late for my appointment. I informed her (SUE) that the message I recieved from her office stated my appointment was 20 minutes later, and I had called to confirm it. She refused to budge, even though I had travelled 90 minutes for my appointment! she later argued with my husband that she had prveious problems with me. She was, also, rude to my husband at my last appointment. He had pulled his phone out, and was texting, behind her. She didn't even bother to turn around and respectfully ask him to stop....she snapped, and i quote "you need to put that away or step outside. i can't handle listening to that and doing this." Very, very , very unprofessional!!These are not major complaints, but I am a firm believer of people that serve in the customer service industry....need to have customer service skills!
Dr. Parent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Regional Medical Center
Tri-State Memorial Hospital
38 Years Experience
University of Washington
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1630 23rd Ave, Lewiston, ID
Dr. Michael Parent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewiston, ID.