The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Paveloff has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
Dr. Michael J Paveloff has the following 10 expertise
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Vision Issues
Dr. Michael J Paveloff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 12
I found the man who administers eye drops--before Dr. Paveloff comes in--to be very perfunctory and unfriendly. Monday the 15th (of Feb.) he gave 3 types of eye drops one after the other (I thought one should wait 5 minutes between). My eyes have developed redness and tearing.
I was VERY pleased with this physician, but switched to another one because with the new one there would be no co-payment. My experience in exploring other opthamologists was VERY disappointing, and I decided to go back to him because of his obvious superiority. The co-pay (small) is definitely worth it, given that I have a number of eye diseases and the other physicians were so inferior. He is intelligent, gives you lots of time to ask questions, and besides being an excellent clinician, he is really a genuinely nice guy. He volunteers his time every year with Doctors Without Borders. Once I said to his receptionist that I didn't want to take up his time by asking questions, and she said, "That is what we are here for". The other doctors had NO time to answer (important)questions. His staff is very well trained and kind and polite across the board. I cannot say enough good things about him. If you watch him on TV and wonder if he is really so terrific in real life.... HE IS.
Dr. Paveloff spent a lot of time with me answering my questions and explaining the procedure and technology. His staff was great as well, answering my questions and making me feel comfortable. The office itself is very nice. It's spacious and homey, not stale and closed-in like most Dr. Offices can be. For any issues with vision/eyes, I would highly recommend Dr. Paveloff!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1990
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Michael J Paveloff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPaveloff Vision Center, 1933 Cliff Dr Ste 29, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Michael J Paveloff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.