Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Pertschuk has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael J Pertschuk has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Sleep Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
Showing 5 of 23
This guy bills insurance companies for psychiatric analysis but really does an average of 2 minutes per session asking about symptoms & eating, then types alone for about 5 minutes on unknown subject. Refuses to release evaluation reports, has hostile staff who refuse reports, most patient time in his unit spent in group talk under psychologist w/ dubious competence. If you want results go elsewhere.
My cred: 3 MA degrees and Ph.D., one MA in Pastoral care, Ethics and Spirituality. Pertschuk s a self-important egotist who treats clients as deficient inferiors. He dshjould not be practicing medicine. One wants a doctor who believes in her/his clients, bot one who degrades them. His credentials are unwarranted; don't see this guy.
I really benefited from the program! Dr. Pertschuk knows how to manage medications and really cares about his patients. I could tell from watching his interactions with other patients. He did a fantastic health education group for all of us. The office staff are amazing and always on their toes trying to help out with insurance and appointments. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes. An excellent experience!
46 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Michael J Pertschuk accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Pertschuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bryn Mawr, PA.