Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael T Pfannenstiel has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I took my 10 year son to the ER yesterday with stomach / abdominal pains, Dr. Pfannenstiel was polite, professional and was very thorough. He ordered many tests to conclude his diagnosis and my son is now on the road to recovery. I wrote this review as the previous reviewers were so negative and I think doctors are not meant to be friendly chat buddies, they are busy and dealing with numerous cases in an ER situation. I also think moms should always have Motrin or Tylenol in their homes as a precaution as kids get fevers and growing pains regularly. I don't know this doctor personally but I would trust him to see my son again.
I am commenting on this doctor from an experience from 2007. When I read the recent comments on this doctor, I felt it necessary to chime in.-2007 I brought my 2 year old to the ER. Her o2 level was read a 85%. The Triage Nurse rushed her in the back to see the doctor. While we waited for the doctor she had a chest x-ray. Pfannestiel, this supposedly medical school graduate, looked at my daughter and said, "what do you want me to do with her? She has a cold. I looked at her x-rays and they are negative." Well, I waited hoping that she would seem better but she didn't. I took her back to the ER. She was then admitted to the hospital and then airlifted to Children's hospital in Missouri. At children's hospital she was diagnosed with RSV, Pneumonia, a collapsed lungs. Had Pfannenstiel had interpreted her X-Ray correctly things may have possibly been different for my child. She spent nearly 2 weeks in Children's hospital, all because the Doc is so unwilling to care for patients. WARNING If you get this guy as your doctor in the ER ask for whoever else is on staff or go elsewhere....
14 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
University Of Louisville
Dr. Michael T Pfannenstiel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael T Pfannenstiel in this video.
Dr. Michael T Pfannenstiel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.