Dr. Michael J Pickford Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael J Pickford?

Never would ever go back

I went to him and wasn't told what he was going to do which was never done but he still charged my insurance company for a procedure that never happened

Never would ever go back

Pickford - BAD

This guy shouldn't be allowed to take care of a plant, let alone deal with with the public. He was unprofessional , rude, rough with the scope, AND gave me the wrong diagnosis. Got in to see him right away, now I know why, - he is beyond bad. When I found a good Dr, the people in the office already knew of Pickford and his bad reputation. NEVER go to him, can't say it enough.

Made me wait an hour - why even make an appointment to begin with? Nurses get oddly defensive whenever patients ask how long the wait is (as more than 5 other patients were waiting and have been waiting way pass their appointment time). Took less than 5 minutes with me, and ordered the standard sinus medication and a CT scan - which they have still not followed up with for the past month and won't call back. Never again.

Very professional staff and doctor. I plan on having dr Pickford perform nasal surgery on me.

Warning - If you have a child, find a good Pediatric ENT

I took my child to Dr. Pickford for ear tubes. At our nine month follow-up appointment, Dr. Pickford said that he had wax in his ears so he couldn't examine him. He had the audiologist (who is great) perform a tympanogram on him which showed that his right ear was flat lined. Dr. Pickford told us this meant there was fluid present and most likely hearing loss. I asked if we could do a hearing test, but he said that is not necessary. He told me to go home and put peroxide in his ear for the wax and come back in six months. My son is under 2 years old and learning to talk so hearing is vital at this stage. There was no way I was going to wait 6 months to have him evaluated again. I made an appointment the next day with a pediatric ENT, who said over and over that he was so glad I brought him in. He cleaned out the wax in his ear (painless and took less than 2 minutes) and found that my son has a major ear infection. So glad I found a different doctor who took the time to correctly diagnose and treat my son. If you have a child, I highly recommend finding a good Pediatric ENT to treat your child.

Warning - If you have a child, find a good Pediatric ENT

Uncaring

I took my child to Dr Pickford and my first impression upon meeting him was not good. He was arrogant , uncaring and unwilling to listen to my concerns however quickly started the process to schedule surgery for my child. He couldn't get us out of there fast enough and appeared annoyed with my questions and my squirmy child. The staff was not much better and were not at all personable. I did not feel right about him operating and thank God that I read these reviews before surgery ! We are now seeing another ENT with a much more caring personality.

Uncaring

My visit to Dr. Pickford was completely useless.

I had reoccurring, abnormal swelling of my lymphnodes and I had concerns about lymphoma which were dismissed by Dr. Pickford. He just recommended I have my tonsils removed. He did not run any tests and just told me information about lymphnodes that I did not understand or need to know. It sounded like he was just reading to me from a medical textbook. He did not prescribe me any antibiotics. When it came to my lymphnodes, one under my chin was swollen and he told me that this was uncommon UNLESS I was having teeth problems, which I was not. After telling him this, he said he wouldn't worry about it. That made no sense considering the fact that he just told me that the swelling was abnormal in that area.There was no point in visiting him because I gained absolutely nothing.His staff was very courteous and professional but I don't think that matters too much if the doctor was completely unhelpful.

Dr. Michael J Pickford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, GA.